Why Work with Bail Bonds Professionals?

by | Sep 10, 2014 | Financial Advisor

If a loved one has been arrested, one of the best ways to help them is by ensuring their bail is paid so they can be released until their hearings. This allows them to take care of anything at home and to find a lawyer to help them. However, the bail amount is often too much to pay outright. In these cases, you’re going to want help from Bail Bonds Professionals.

A bail bondsman is a person who creates a bond for the person seeking help with their bail amount. Generally, the person has two ways to pay for the bond. In most cases, the bond is purchased by paying 10% of the full bail amount. If the person who is being bailed out of jail doesn’t attend their hearings, the remaining 90% will be owed to the bondsman. In other cases, the bond is purchased by giving the bondsman collateral to cover the full bail amount. If the person doesn’t attend their hearings, the person who purchased the bond will forfeit their collateral to cover the full bail amount.

While there are risks associated with obtaining a bond, Bail Bonds Professionals will let you know what they are before you purchase the bond. This way, you know what can happen if the person you’re helping doesn’t attend their hearings. As long as they go to their hearings, no matter the outcome of the case, there won’t be anything owed on the bond and you’ll be able to receive your collateral back, if applicable. If you have any questions before or after you obtain a bond, the bondsman will be able to answer them thoroughly for you.

If you’re interested in obtaining a bond to help a friend or family member, ensure you work with a bail bond professional for best results. They’ll be able to ensure you understand the bond process, answer any questions you have, and ensure the bail is paid quickly so your loved one can be released as quickly as possible. When you work with a bond company like Bond James Bond Inc., you’ll be able to ensure your loved one is released on bail even if you can’t afford to pay the entire bail amount.